- This event has passed.
House and Garden Tour
June 30, 2018 : 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$30.
Get your tickets at one of the houses or at The Floyd Center for the Arts
The Floyd Center for the Arts will present its fourth House & Garden Tour June 30.
There will be 5 distinctive houses on this year’s tour:
* An new architectural version of an Arts and Crafts-style house facing a cider apple orchard;
* A modern house purpose-built to provide the two residents the benefits of sustainable design and energy efficiency;
* The oldest house shown so far on the tour, dating to c.1820, featuring local arts, crafts and flower and vegetable gardens;
* A Victorian fantasy – turrets, cupolas, stained glass, porches, balconies, and more – set in a meadow in a curve of the Little River;
* A two-story white farmhouse, with a wonderful wood kitchen and huge house-wide library often used by groups for teas.
The oldest house, owned by a couple who are proprietors of an arts and crafts shop in downtown Floyd, is the closest of the five to the FCA’s office. The tour can be started at any point, whether visitors are coming from the North (Roanoke, Blacksburg and beyond); from North Carolina to the south, or from Martinsville, VA, and other areas to the east. Brochures will be available in late April/early May that show each house, with a map showing each location, and specifics about the tour.
The tour hours will be 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Tickets are $30, and include a gourmet box lunch from the caterer who also chairs the Events Committee of Floyd Center for the Arts.
For tickets and more information on the tour and the FCA, please visit www.FloydArtCenter.org. Union Bank is again sponsoring the tour as it has the three previous years.